A natural answer to a problem that’s as old as the hills...
Be it a commute or exploring the great outdoors, the unique structure of HD® Wool Insulation enables excess moisture to escape, keeping you comfortable and drier for longer in all seasons.
HD® Wool Insulation offers the most insulation with the least amount of weight, and naturally retains its shape, whilst managing your microclimate.
The great all-rounder, it's natural, biodegradable and durable. Technical insulation designed by millions of years of evolution - is HD® Wool Insulation is proven.
The world's best technical fibre is natural. It's light, durable, warm and adaptable. Millions of years of evolution have developed the world's finest and most versatile insulation.
H. Dawson Wool, the founder of HD® Wool Insulation, have been proud Yorkshire wool merchants for five generations. When we put our name to a product it really means something. Traditional family values of hard work, honesty and directness mix with an international 'best in class' reputation for innovation.
PROVENIN THE LAB
Current testing removes the effect of humidity in cold atmospheric conditions. This method is unrealistic and flatters the performance of synthetic materials. HD® Wool Insulation brings real conditions into the lab to represent the micro-climate of actual transient wearing.
PROVENIN THE REAL WORLD
In the real world, it's about comfort, not stats. HD® Wool Insulation works with nature not against it, keeping you more comfortable for longer in more varied conditions.
HD® WOOL INSULATION PRODUCT RANGES
HD®EVOLVE WOOL INSULATION
Innovation is happening rapidly in technical insulation. This range takes advantage of cutting-edge finishing and processing and develops wool blends with other natural fibres.
HD® Wool Active products are created by applying an additional finishing technique.
Nature's finest plus some HD® Wool Insulation nurture.
HD®ORIGIN WOOL INSULATION
Mother Nature's finest technical insulation, developed over millions of years of evolution.
Responsive to climate changes both inside and outside the garment. Warm, light, durable, sustainable and natural. This range takes advantage of mechanical processing only.
100% natural. Made in Yorkshire from pure UK wool.
The perfect balance between warmth and breathability.
100% wool. Nature's original technical fibre.
HD® WOOL INSULATION BRAND PARTNERS
We work with these remarkable active clothing brands to create natural, lightweight, breathable and waterproof outerwear
FINISTERRE makes quality technical and lifestyle products for those who are passionate about cold water surfing and love the sea.
Behind the heritage looks and simple cut lines, the Rostoker hides a modern sustainability story. The insulation is made using renewable and traceable HD® Wool insulation that won't just keep you warm; the wool also has a positive impact on the climate.
Using the best quality superfine merino, you’ll stay comfortable all year round whether you’re hiking, skiing, climbing, running, cycling or just making your way to the office. Find our HD® Wool Insulation insulated jackets here: WOMENS / MENS
MOUNTAIN DESIGNS equip and inspire you to do what you love – climbing, camping, travelling the world, staying fit, or simply getting from a to b in the urban jungle.
MAZINYIaims to convey premium luxury snowboarding and outdooring-wear through purposeful technological innovation.
HOWIES is an active clothing company that believes in making higher quality, lower impact products for our sports and day-to-day lives.
ABOUT HD® WOOL
We have been proud Yorkshire wool merchants for five generations. When we put our name to a product it really means something. Traditional family values of hard work, honesty and directness mix with an international 'best in class' reputation for innovation.
HD® Wool Insulation is the innovations division of H. Dawson Wool, international wool suppliers. Founded in 1888, H. Dawson Wool is a global leader in supply of the finest to the coarsest wool from 35 countries. Our products include noble fibres, greasy wool, scoured wool, wool tops and wool web that are transformed at carefully selected processing partners in strategic global locations. The fourth generation of the Dawson family to run the business leads a highly experienced team, offering bespoke solutions to suit the supply needs of a wide range of customers in over 75 countries. We use our global network to secure a consistent supply of quality wool to be used in the areas of clothing, interiors, soft-furnishings, carpets, environmental, engineering and industrial end uses.
At HD® Wool we are driven by innovation. Our focus is on the health and wellbeing of the consumer. Our strategic, global footprint places us in a strong position logistically and our experienced, multi-disciplined technical team enables us to comprehensively manage all areas of the wool supply chain. Brands that choose to use HD® Wool Insulation can customise the product depending on their audience. Outdoor clothing manufacturers may choose from a variety of lighter or heavier insulation materials, which provide more year-round options for designers, retailers and consumers. We are a genuine innovator in wool products and have a dynamic outlook whilst retaining the customer focus that has led to our respected global reputation over the last 130 years.
Proud to be associated with SAS and supported by Sky Ocean Ventures
HD® Wool Insulation is a registered trademark of H.Dawson Sons and Company (Wool) Ltd
The term 'HD® Wool Insulation' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is H Dawson Wool, First Floor, Salts Mill, Victoria Road, Shipley, BD18 3LA, UK. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.