HD® Wool Apparel Insulation exists to bring energy, well-being and comfort by working with nature to produce active technical wool insulation, helping to remove plastic from the ocean and reduce climate change. The business is built on the expertise of four generations, from farming in Yorkshire to international wool trading. Founder Jo Dawson created
HD® Wool Apparel Insulation to propel the use of wool in the 21st century as a natural and high performing active insulation.
HD® Wool Apparel Insulation is natural and renewable, providing active breathability,
odor-inhibiting comfort and unmatched moisture management in a variety of machine washable weights.
HD® Wool Apparel Insulation is actively supporting farmers to start the ReGenerative Agricultural process by having their land subjected to an annual Ecological Outcome Verification set forth by the Savory Institute to show progress in Land to Market objectives. The wool that is used to make HD® Wool Apparel Insulation is fully traceable back to the farm upon which it is grown, sourced via The Woolkeepers®, a bespoke quality assurance platform.
Traceable, certified wool, paid at a fair price
The Woolkeepers® is aligned with farming legislation and animal welfare science that looks to asses and reward producers for their farming practise, which we yield wool from.
Machine-washable blend of hand-selected British wool and PLA for active performance outerwear
Nature's finest plus a little nurture.
HD®WOOL APPAREL INSULATION: PURE
100% natural, biodegradable pure British wool for luxury and fashion outerwear
The perfect balance between warmth and breathability.
HD® WOOL APPAREL INSULATION BRAND PARTNERS
We collaborate with leading global brands to create natural, lightweight, breathable outerwear. Selected partners include:
FINISTERRE makes quality technical and lifestyle products for those who are passionate about cold water surfing and love the sea.
Behind the heritage looks and simple cut lines, the Rostoker hides a modern sustainability story. The insulation is made using renewable and traceable HD® Wool insulation that won't just keep you warm; the wool also has a positive impact on the climate.
Using the best quality superfine merino, you’ll stay comfortable all year round whether you’re hiking, skiing, climbing, running, cycling or just making your way to the office. Find our HD® Wool Insulation insulated jackets here: WOMENS / MENS
PURDEY The English shooting way of life connects people, nature and tradition. Built on British sporting roots that connects people, nature and tradition, Purdey’s line of luxury, heritage apparel is made of the finest materials. Its new, fully reversible men’s Pangbourne Gilet is made with Drywax windproof and showerproof cotton along with HD® Wool Apparel Insultation to keep you cool in the heat and warm in the cold.
HAJK is a Swedish contemporary clothing brand for men rooted in the idea that the outdoors is about enjoying the now. It designs clothing to perfectly complement an outdoor lifestyle; carefully balancing fashion, performance and sustainability. Hajk introduces HD® Wool Apparel Insulation in ARV, a 3-layer lightweight and versatile jacket made with fully sustainable materials.
7L is a functional-first performance brand that fuses fashion, function and performance with style. The brand takes inspiration from the US Military's Extended Cold Weather Clothing System (ECWCS), which consists of multiple layer options that can be worn in combination to provide adequate protection for individuals in temperatures from +40 to -60. 7L introduces HD® Wool Apparel Insulation in its Detonator Insulated Parka
ABOUT HD® WOOL APPAREL INSULATION
We have been proud Yorkshire wool merchants for four generations. When we put our name to a product it really means something. Traditional family values of hard work, honesty and directness mix with an international 'best in class' reputation for innovation.
HD® Wool Apparel Insulation is the innovations division of H. Dawson Wool, international wool suppliers. Founded in 1888, H. Dawson Wool is a global leader in supply of the finest to the coarsest wool from 35 countries. Our products include noble fibres, greasy wool, scoured wool, wool tops and wool web that are transformed at carefully selected processing partners in strategic global locations. The fourth generation of the Dawson family to run the business leads a highly experienced team, offering bespoke solutions to suit the supply needs of a wide range of customers in over 75 countries. We use our global network to secure a consistent supply of quality wool to be used in the areas of clothing, interiors, soft-furnishings, carpets, environmental, engineering and industrial end uses.
At HD® Wool Apparel Insulation we are driven by innovation. Our focus is on the health and wellbeing of the consumer. Our strategic, global footprint places us in a strong position logistically and our experienced, multi-disciplined technical team enables us to comprehensively manage all areas of the wool supply chain. Brands that choose to use HD®Wool Apparel Insulation can customise the product depending on their audience. Outdoor clothing manufacturers may choose from a variety of lighter or heavier insulation materials, which provide more year-round options for designers, retailers and consumers. We are a genuine innovator in wool products and have a dynamic outlook whilst retaining the customer focus that has led to our respected global reputation over the last 130 years.
Proud to be associated with SAS and supported by Sky Ocean Ventures
HD® Wool Apparel Insulation is a registered trademark of H.Dawson Sons and Company (Wool) Ltd
The term 'HD® Wool Apparel Insulation' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is H Dawson Wool, First Floor, Salts Mill, Victoria Road, Shipley, BD18 3LA, UK. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.